Thursday, July 19, 2012

Hunting for friendship.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Tears. I just found out that my friend {practically my only friend} is moving out of state. She is moving because of an awesome opportunity and I am so happy for her and her family, but when I found out I seriously cried. I had many friends back in my party day's. I was the life of the party, but things have changed. I know this is bad, but back in the day when I was a smoker I made new friends by smoking circle that were created everywhere we went. Someone would lite one and everyone who smokes would follow. I am no longer a smoker and I don't go out and party anymore so I feel like I am new at making friends. I'm not sure I really know how beside just making conversation. So, I decided to do what I do best. Research. I gathered the best tip's for making friends and over the next few weeks I am going to work on it, try them out and see what happens.


How to Make Friends Via Internet Research {Boy O' boy, do I feel like a nerd}


1. Be yourself. Everyone else is taken. -Oscar De La Renta
2. Dress your best. You never know who you will run into.
3. Be unforgettable. when you engage in a conversation make them want more.
4. The only way to have a friend, is to be one. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
5. Go places you like to go to meet friends {AKA the park with kids. A craft fair or farmers market.          Go boutique shopping}
6. Smile Everywhere you go. Make your body language inviting.


Okay so cheers {I'm holding up my coffee cup and I hope you are too}..."To finding near by friends!" Clink clink.


If any of you awesome readers have suggestions for me, I love options and new ideas.





2 comments:

  1. I just moved to a funky little town 6 hours from 'home', so I'm in the same boat you are! It's kinda weird having to try and find new friends! Too bad you don't live down the street ;) Good luck with your friend hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am your friend! You should really look at Meetup.com. You can find groups for everything on there especially being a stay at home mom they have Mommy and me play groups, stroller strides, craft groups, work out groups, etc. I would definitely start there. PS- we need to get together!

    -Kelly Mott

    ReplyDelete