Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Nature witnessed

We went for a nice long walk as a family yesterday and were able to show our girls nature in one of its purest form. We have had a few weeks of on and off rain, causing green to grow everywhere as Spring has Sprung. Me and my husband were over whelmed with the beauty before us and the excitement in our daughters eyes as we witnessed seeing a weasel, sheep and goats and so much beautiful earth.

My favorite time of the year is Spring for obvious reasons, but now it is so much more to me. My daughters eyes are pure and naive to this world and as they grow each day she learns and absorbs this world like a sponge. This current weather is gorgeous and even though my husband and I are both exhausted by time he comes home, we are making an honest to god effort to get OUTSIDE with our girls and show them what God has laid down upon our earth. Such things surround our city like baby animals, sheep, horses, nature preserves, creeks, lakes, farms, and so much more. We vowed to each other last night to make the most out of our lives and the lives of our children. We vow to turn off our TV, and leave our home to witness and teach our children the wonders of this earth.

Excuses are what most humans are made of. I can't go to the park because I'm too tired of being up all night with the baby, I'm too tired from work. We can't do things with our kids because we don't have money. It's raining out, I can't go for a run. I hear and say I can't more often than I am proud of. I crave to leave excuses behind. Excuses are mountains in front of your goals, your dreams.

So, I am encouraging my family and you to go outside, put down any excuses (no matter how good they are) and witness this world before us. Show it to your little ones, or just get out doors and enjoy it yourself by yourself. Sit amongst what is here and if its not near you (run there or bike there or drive).

Here are some pictures from our walk. Enjoy what our eyes witnessed and then put down the computer. Close pinterest, tell twitter you'll be back and GET OUTSIDE! lol.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment