Tuesday, September 11, 2012

What were you doing?


I can't believe that 11 years has gone by since this day changed life's. Every one knows that we as American's as people with hearts will never forget what happened on this day 10 years ago. 

10 years ago I was 15 years old and woken up by my mother who whispered "Honey wake up. You don't have to go to school, but you need to come down stair right now. Something has happened". Something has happened. Walking down stairs and seeing the smoke from the towers and watching the second plane crash. tears were rolling down our faces. Me and my mother and sister sat in front of the TV all day just in horror. We cried for those physically going through it and for those of us watching from a distance. 

I know that I will never forget the sadness of that day. Still thinking of everyone lost that day. May you some how find peace in the fact that America will NEVER forget each and every one lost, every hero, and every loved one left behind.

So, what were you doing 10 years ago? 


  1. I remember getting to work, and everyone was in the conference room watching it on the news... at that time only 1 plane had hit and we just thought it was a terrible accident...
    I was working a block from the parliament buildings in Ottawa (Canada) and downtown just closed down and everyone was sent home... It was a day we'll never forget. xoxo

    1. Lena, I think everyone thought it was an accident when it was only one plane. Even the news reporters were talking like "Oh god this is so horrible." Until the second plane hit. Then everyone knew..

      I think the hardest part for me is watching all of the people falling from the building and then hearing everyone scream when the buildings collapse. You can't just erase that from your head.

      I was only 7 when it happened and wasn't allowed to watch it in my class room.. But I knew it was bad.. It just felt as if everything stood still as it was happening.

  2. 11 years ago I was in the 7th grade and I was at school when the planes hit. The school had TV's in the common areas for announcements and someone had connected it to cable and was airing the live news coverage. I remember standing in the common area and watching the towers fall. Being in Canada, we continued classes and finished the school day. My dad was in Montana at the time and was supposed to fly home that morning, but wasn't able to when all the flights were grounded. We had to wait another 24 hours until he drove home across the border with some other co-workers.