Friday, October 26, 2012

DIY Hair Mask Recipe

227080006181796623_2ghw1bR2_c


I have been growing out my hair for a few years.
I don't get a lot of hair cuts and I cut my own bangs.
I don't use high end shampoos and conditioners,
I dye it every 6-8 weeks from a box
and I either blow dry or straighten my hair on a daily basis.
These are the truths of how I do not care for my hair. 

Sometimes my hair feels less than bountiful. It feels old and rigid and dry, so every once in a
while I like to throw in a hair mask to my weekly beauty rituals. I usually plan for it because
I usually have to wash my hair twice to get it out of a non-oil state, but I love it. 

"It's like magic" I told my 2 year old when I blended and applied it to my hair. 
And the next day I let her brush my now super soft hair.
I love my new soft hair so much I would almost compare it to silk 
though it's not quite that.. Fantastic
It's really does work though and most of you probably have the ingredients in your own home. 
Photobucket
3/4 cup of mayo (I know gross)
2 tbsp of Honey (locally grown honey is always best)
1 tsp of milk
1 tsp of baking soda

Optional 
1 tsp of apricot oil
a few drops of essential oils (I used lavender to calm down the mayo smell)

Steps
1. blend 
2. apply to chucks of hair like you would when dying hair at a salon
3. Pin up hair and let the paste soak into your hair and scalp for 2-4 hours
4. Wash out of hair. Repeat (most likely. I always have to rinse a second time so my hair isn't super oily)

So, what kind of special beauty treats do you make for yourself? Do you have any weird ones? Like I wash my face with baking soda 3 times a week.... Kinda weird but its a old trick for an at home micro-nonabrasive scrub. 



No comments:

Post a Comment