Friday, August 31, 2012

{Our Vacation mini-series} Defining Vacation. Part 1


Vacations are amazing. You see new places, feel new vibes. You soak up lazy moments and cherish fun activities. You watch as your children play and adjust to a new place. You sleep easier without the worries and daily to-do lists rushing your mind. You sit, and then nothing. You just sit and look at this world that God laid before you. You do this because you and your partner worked hard for a whole year (in this case even longer) to purely enjoy a whole week of it. I did this for the first 2 days. I used every minute I could when I wasn’t changing diapers or feeding little ones. I sat outside on the balcony we had and looked at the beauty before me. Throughout the week I just kept saying “It’s just so beautiful here, I can’t get over it.” The trees seemed to swallow the hills. It reminded us of a sea, an ocean of trees. Colors of deep purple and brown and green flourished everywhere. Immediately I wanted to paint, to color anything. I knew that I wanted to see those colors portrayed on a work of art on my walls. I wanted a constant memory of what we witnessed this vacation. 

DSCN2053 DSCN2045
DSCN2314


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you got to enjoy some time just soaking it all in!!

    ReplyDelete