Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Thoughts on life.

31B41483-DB09-4466-B737-4B767D05ECAB-28619-000015BC47263F00
As of lately I have been thinking a lot about what life is all about and how being stressed and angry because I am stressed is unnecessary. We all have stressed, and things in life we would want to change but in the bigger picture, in the scope of life it just doesn't really matter. Little things that matter to me really shouldn't.

Example: I get so mad about cleaning up after everyone all the time. My husband doesn't put anything away once he has used them, and it drives me mad. Or my daughter is in the habit of spitting out every piece of food I give her... These are small things and getting mad every time they happen is useless and unnecessary. When I am old, I don't want to be remembered as the ____-retentive mother who couldn't let the little things go. If what we are remembered for in the end by how we made others feel, I want to be remembered as the kind and soft spoken mother. I want to be remembered as feared, but in a good way. I want to be remembered as connected and in the moment, not always trying to figure out what needs to be taken care of next. I want to be remembered as a good feeling, not as what I acted like this morning. 

I ought to try yoga and meditation again. I think that as this juncture in my life, little moments of relaxation are all I am going to get and in order to love life and not just deal with it, a little "Hoo's Fra Ba's" might be good for me and everyone in the house currently "dealing" with me. 

For I am no where near perfect, but I do want to be the best version of me. 




3 comments:

  1. And you'll be amazed at what little moments of relaxation and "you" time will bring. This is one area where what comes out is much greater than what went in. Praying for the best version of you:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely need some "you" time mama! Plus, you have been under extra stress lately that is probably playing into this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First... your bebe is so stinking cute. I almost squeal every time I see her.
    Mandi... this is such a great blog post. It's so easy to get caught up in the moment when things are driving us nuts. We forget to take those cleansing deep breaths and think about the what we want our kiddos to remember about us.

    Well said mama.

    ReplyDelete